Deciding whether or not to quit your job is no easy task and it’s not a decision to be made lightly. It can be a tough call to make but luckily, it’s not one you have to make on your own.
Maybe you’re like I was and you’re looking for a sign that it’s okay to throw in the towel on a bad job. Or maybe you’re just bored and wondering if that’s reason enough to start looking for something new. Whatever your reason, you're probably not alone.
We asked professionals from different industries to tell us when it’s time to quit your job and what signs to look out for when deciding whether or not to walk. Here’s what they had to say:
- if your gut is telling you it’s time to leave
- if there’s no room to grow at your current company
- if you spot the early signs of job insecurity
- if you have a toxic manager or work environment
- when you have more reasons to leave than you do to stick around
- if the company values and mission don’t match your own
- if you’re not satisfied with your current situation
- if you feel like you’re being taken advantage of
- if you’re bored
- if good ideas are being ignored